Thursday, September 29, 2005

In Grown Toe Nail

My toe has been sore and swollen for the past week and thinking it's no big deal, I did not went to consult a doctor.

On Sunday night, the toe got really red and swollen with traces of blood flowing out. I got really worried and decided to see a doctor the following day.

So on Monday morning, I woke up much earlier and head off to the clinic. The wait was about ½ hour and when I describe my symptom to the doctor, he told me that I have an in-grown nail. He prescribe some antibiotics and medication to reduce the swelling and asked me to go back to him on Friday. If by then the situation is not improved, he said he will have to perform a minor operation to remove part of the nail plate. He then gave me 2 days medical leave to rest.

After a few days of medication, there has been a great improvement to the condition of my toe. I think I will be able to avoid the operation if things continue to improve as it is.

No comments: